Thursday, March 8, 2012

Starting a blog….

Yes, it's about time I started a blog. I guess it was only a matter of time, so what better time than right now when I'm in the middle of grad school the week before finals when I'm trying to simultaneously squeeze in runs and study every free minute in between. I've never been known for my timing. Anyway, hopefully someone reads this besides my family (thanks mom & dad!)

I had a really awesome time running last year and I'm looking forward to racing more this year. I decided to go back to school this year to finish up my PhD. Two years ago, I was in school working on my PhD and decided to take a little 'sabbatical' and move to Bend. It was probably one of the best decisions I've ever made. Although I was really happy teaching at the college and living in Bend, I kept thinking that I should go back and finish up.

So here I am. Currently living in Corvallis. Until June.

It's been a bit of an adjustment, but in some ways it's a good thing. For one, I get to be a student again! I forgot how much I love taking classes and studying. Yes I am a geek. Second, I've been able to explore a whole new area. Macdonald forest has some great trails. Third, I've met some great people! There are a few other runners in this area, including Meghan Arbogast, who I've gotten to know quite well! I miss Bend terribly, but I am enjoying the present.

Racing has been on the back burner, at least until school is finished. I am racing the Gorge Waterfalls 50k in a few weeks. It's the kick-off to my spring break week. I can't wait! The course looks awesome and I believe there are quite a few racers. After that I will be racing Lake Sonoma 50 miler April 15th. This will be my first 50 miler! I am nervous, but I am also freakin excited! The best part is that the race is in Headlsburg, aka wine country. I'm definitely planning to do a little wine tasting after the race. That is, if I can still stand :)

Ok, back to the books for now…….

No comments:

Post a Comment